Friday 4 February 2011

being blunt

"so why do you have so many pimples on your face?" my 6-y-o CP asked.
"well, i haven't a clue either."
"my mum has pimples too!" another one commented.
"yeah, and it's not very pleasant, having pimples. sometimes, it hurts."
"awww, it's okay, you still look pretty anyway." another kid hugged me and kissed me on my cheek.
"yes, you look pretty!" another one came to hug me too.
"thanks girls, you are pretty yourselves too!"
we were sitting on the bench in the playground.
they kept wanting to climb up and sit on my laps.
it was overwhelming, having something that's not dogs sitting on my laps.
i love my kids when they're not being nuts and/or screamy.

2 comments:

  1. You going to remember these small moments for a long long time. I know I did when I was a sub teacher for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww.... i think i will. it'll be so hard to leave them.

    ReplyDelete