Thursday 2 December 2010

love letters etc.

so i decided to be more sociable and sat in a geometry class before lunch today.
they were doing right angles and parallelograms stuff.
after they finished drawing, they lined up to show the class teacher their worksheets and she corrected them.
i, after have had helped out the kid who sat next to me, had nothing to do, so bored, i started reading a dictionary which sat right on the desk (logic!).

i thought it was weird that a girl kept smiling at me whenever i looked her direction.
it's not my first time to be with them in the same classroom.
and fyi, french people don't normally smile at strangers.
now that i'm no longer a stranger to them, they smile at me as often as we have eye contacts.
then i was wondering if i had something on my face.

couple of minutes later, she came to my desk and handed me a picture she drew!
on the top, it says "i love you."
"tu sais que veut dire 'i love you'?", i asked.
"oui, c'est a dire, je t'aime."
"awww, moi aussi. merci, c'est tres joli!"


and then, this "kate" girl ran to gimme a "present" after lunch.
(whenever i asked what their names were, bizarrely enough, they all introduced themselves to me by their "english names".
with my 6-y-o's, i didn't give them english names, though the other teachers think it helps them to understand the different sounds of the same letter.
i tend to think that french names are rather cool, they should just stick to their french names.)


and in this pocket, there's a note:


it reads: j'aime l'anglais avec toi. je trouve que c'est comme un reve de pouvoir apprendre l'anglais.
(i love doing english with you, i find it a dream to be able to learn english.)

this makes me smile from ear to ear.
when they're not screaming or talking non-stop during classes, they're just like little angels.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder why I am not a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. becos it's a really tiring job which requires a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete