Monday 13 December 2010

un accent japonais?

i think the english pronunciation of "R" might be just as hard for the french as it is in french for their english speaking counterparts.
some of my kids didn't get fRance correctly.
it was okay with me, they can pass with pronouncing france as it is in french and we'll totally understand them.
but somehow, the fact that they are pronouncing R as L makes me curious.
where, on earth, did they get that idea from?
okay, i might not have a perfect oxford accent.
but hey, i can pronounce fRance as how it should be done, the british way, too.

i noticed this problem when i introduced them "i am french and i am from france."
now it is rather annoying hearing them saying "meh-lli kah-lees-mah-yee-s".
and my little girl M, she insisted on singing "i wish you a merry xmas" instead of "we".
okay, yes, got it, you, yourself, one person, mademoiselle M, wants to wish me a happy xmas.
thanks hun.

No comments:

Post a Comment