Sunday 9 January 2011

geRaaaasps

"what are these in the picture?" i asked my kids while showing them my perfect colour-in picture.
"raisins."
"very good, raisins, and in english, we call it 'grape' or 'grapes'."
"gray-sp."
"no, gray-ps."
"gray-sp."
"can you say 'psssss'?"
"pppppppppsssssssssssssssssss."
"really good, now, gray-ppps."
"gray-sssppppsssss."
to show that he can read, lucas told me that raisins are called "gRah-sps" in english while staring at the word on the blackboard.
are you kidding me? of course he said that in french.
gRah-sps, though i haven't the faintest clue where the "s" came from before the "pes".
and of course, according to my kids, strawberries are called "flays" in english.
cherries, naturally, are called "sayless".
i'm hesitating whether to introduce more fruits to them.
i might end up confusing them about pineapples and apples, and many more things you would never imagine.
cos one of my kid told me that the colour pink is obviously called "peugeot".
brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment